So you’ve just bought yourself a beautiful camera, but you don’t feel like spending more on gear. Here are some easy, DIY hacks that will have your photos looking unique and captivating.
1. Use a coffee cup sleeve as a lens hood
2. Spread chapstick or vaseline onto your lens (or filter) for a dreamy/vintage effect (you may want to use a cheaper or used lens)
3. Place a plastic sandwich bag over the lens (or just around it) for a foggy effect
4. Place your camera in an empty fish tank to get a great under water shot
5. A Ziploc bag is a great and cheap protector from the rain
6. Cut out any shape you desire on construction paper and tape it to your lens to create your own bokeh shapes